$790 includes a 4-day online webinar and 2 self-study videos for 21 hours of Governmental CPE
As an audit team leader, you are no longer just a technician, but a teacher, a coach, and a manager. In this series of webinars, learn how to keep a handle on project quality, scope, and resources while enhancing your skills as a servant leader.
We will also delve into your personal leadership and communication style using the DiSC profile so that you can guide your staff and keep stakeholders in the loop.
This course assumes you know the basics of audit planning, fieldwork, and reporting.
Course objectives include:
- Create master plans that keep your audit on track
- Schedule tasks for maximum impact
- Implement sequential questioning skills to get to the root of performance problems
- Identify habits that deplete precious time
- Identify ways to increase trust and build high performing teams for better audit project results
- Recognize the strengths of your personal leadership style to enable smoother collaboration and better communication
- Deliver actionable feedback with diplomacy that increase team cohesiveness and executive support
- Establish leadership and professional goals so that you can focus on what counts
Recommended CPE credit: 18 hours + 3 bonus self-study hours for a total of 21 hours of CPE
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Program level: Intermediate
Prerequisutes: 1 or more years of audit experience
Who should attend: Auditors
Advance Preparation: 2 online videos on objective setting and audit findings, DiSC survey
Instructional method: Webinar (Group Internet Based)
Instructors: Leita Hart-Fanta, CPA, CGFM, CGAP & Suzyn Skaggs
Class Size Limit: 40
Date: November 16-19, 2021
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Central
What People Say About This Seminar
“I appreciated the pacing. I felt that we spent enough time to engage with a topic before moving on, but not so long that it felt belabored.” – Leading an Audit Project participant
“The class was never boring.” – Leading an Audit Project participant
“Both speakers did a great job at explaining the content and made it very easy to understand.” – Leading an Audit Project participant
“I’ve been raving about this training to my management team about everything from the technical audit components, to people and “feelings”, to the use of technology for team building. I’m ready to hit the ground running.” – Leading an Audit Project participant
“One of the best courses I have ever attended in addition to it being a virtual course really amazes me. Plenty of feedback and advice from other students that were very helpful.” – Leading an Audit Project participant
“Mix of activities, lecture, and discussion. Small breakout rooms with classmates that wanted to participate was helpful to meet new people across the country. Gain new perspectives on the training/class topics.” – Leading an Audit Project participant
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.