We want you to be happy with your experience at YellowBook-CPE.com and we want you to say great things about us to all of your audit friends. If you have any problems, please tell us, and we’ll make it right!
How do I register?
- Select your favorite topic from the list of courses.
- Purchase the course online using a credit card.
- Be sure to indicate the number of students that will be taking the course in the quantity column. If it's just you - or if you're buying for someone else - enter "1".
- When you add your course to your cart, you'll be prompted for the name and email of the *student* that's taking the class. If it's you - just enter your information. Otherwise, just enter the correct student info.
- (Note: you'll be prompted to review and approve the student information before you can proceed to checkout.)
- After checking out, we'll send an email to the person purchasing the course, and that email includes a link to download the course. We'll also send emails directly to the Student(s) listed in the purchase with information to log in and connect to our Student Center where they can download their course material and take their exams when ready. If you or the students don't get the emails shortly after purchasing, please check your junk mail. If you still don’t get the emails, contact us at email@example.com.
- Study the text and then log in to the Student Center to take the exam.
- The review questions prepare you for the final. Your score on the review questions does not affect whether you earn your hours.
- Once you pass the final exam – with a passing grade of 70% or better – you will be directed to a course evaluation.
- Fill out the course evaluation and you will be directed to your certificate of completion, which will be customized with your name and date of completion.
- Print your certificate of completion for your records and you are done!
Where is my login info and password? I never received it.
Oh no! Our system sends an email to the student including the text and login information within moments of the order. If more than 30 minutes have elapsed with no email from us, please check your junk mail. If it isn’t there, please contact us at CONTACT and we will get you going ASAP!
How do I access my downloads and tests?
Students specified in orders should each receive an individual email with their username and password. If you didn’t get your email, check your spam/junk folders – you may find us there. It’s also possible that your order didn’t go through, but if you’ve received your order receipt and no “Student Email”, and you’re certain you’re a registered student, then just:
- visit the Yellowbook-CPE.com Student Center,
- click the “click here to login” link, and
- click the “Lost your Password?” link right below the window that pops up. You’ll be asked for your email address, and then will be sent a password-reset email.
Once your password is reset, just return to the Student Center to download your course materials, access your exams and view/print your certificates.
How do I reset my password?
You can choose a new password using the student email listed in your order!
Follow these steps:
- visit the Yellowbook-CPE.com Student Center,
- click the “click here to login” link, and
- click the “Lost your Password?” link right below the window that pops up.
You’ll be asked for your student email address (the one shared with us in your order), and then will be sent a password-reset email to that address.
Once your password is reset, just return to the Student Center, login with your new passsword, and you can proceed to download your course materials, access your exams and view/print your certificates.
I can’t seem to get past “Approve Students” in the checkout process. Help?
Try an alternative browser (Firefox or Chrome) or a computer with a different browser setup to make your purchase.
The online store keeps rejecting my credit card. What is up?
Most credit card rejections occur when the zip code entered in the order does not match up with the credit card's billing address per the credit card information at the credit-card issuer. Visit our Contact page to send us a contact message about your problem, and we’ll check on your order.
What happens if my computer breaks down in the middle of a quiz?
Our test system tracks where you are, question by question. If you need to stop and return, or if your computer hangs up, simply return to the exam and you’ll be brought directly to your last unanswered question. (For security purposes, "pause and resume" is only available on the *same* computer with *same* network/IP address.)
How long do I have to complete the course?
You have one full year from the date of purchase to finish the final exam. NASBA requires that the course expires after one year because the courses are updated every year and NASBA (rightly so) does not want students studying out-of-date materials!
Can I pay by purchase order?
Yes. Simply browse for your course(s) and place an order as normal, selecting “Purchase Order” as your method of payment. Make sure and provide your billing address in the order. You’ll get a “Purchase Order” order confirmation, and our bookkeeper will generate an invoice and send it to your billing address for payment.
Can I receive a refund on the course?
Yes—if requested within three months of the purchase of the course. The refund will be issued with a check to the address you used to register for the course. Please use the contact form on our “Contact Us” page, and provide your order information (order number, date, etc.) in the “Message” box, along with mentioning that you’d like a refund.
Where is my certificate?
After you pass the course with a 70% or greater score AND fill out the course evaluation, you will be able to view and print your certificate, and you can return to the Student Center at any time to view or print your certificate as well. The certificate will have all of the information you need to report your hours.
My employer prefers to pay after services have been rendered, but time is running out…
Yes, we can bill you after the seminar. Just place an order registering for the seminar, and specify “Purchase Order” for your payment method. (Make sure you provide your billing address in the order.) We’ll send you an invoice that you can then pay.
What is your NASBA CPE sponsor number?
Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy number is 009760 for both live seminars and self study courses. Our NASBA number for live courses and self study courses is 109217.
Do you accept American Express?
Yes, we accept American Express, Visa, Mastercard, P.O.s, PayPal, money orders, and checks. Please do not mail cash.
How much is shipping?
Unless you are talking about shipping Leita on a plane (no buses please!) to teach a live seminar, there is no shipping fee because nothing gets mailed. The self-study text is conveyed electronically via digital file download. The final exam is taken online and your certificate of completion is delivered in the student center after you answer the evaluation questions. As paperless as can be!
What if I am buying a course for someone else?
Our ordering process collects “Student” information as well as “Purchaser” information. Simply provide the correct name(s) and email address(es) of the Students for the course you’re purchasing, and the students will be registered, set up for their courses and exams, and directly emailed with login, download and testing information.
How can I find out which questions I missed on the exam?
Sorry, but we do not share that information with you. You do get a score after you take the final and are informed if your score is a passing score. But we do not share the answers to the final exam to help us stay compliant with NASBA regulations and also prevent students from sharing answers with each other.
Can a Webinar be viewed by a group, and the individuals in the group get CPE credit?
Yes! You can view a Webinar as a group using one login and everyone will receive credits as long as each person has been registered for the webinar. In order to receive a certificate of completion, each participant must pay the registration fee. CPA Crossings, the webcasting company, will need one of the forms below in order for each person to receive credit.
There are two options for group attendance verification:
- If you have one person in the group that can verify attendance for all, then you can complete the Webinar Group Attendance Log. This is completed and submitted after the webinar (further instructions are on the form, click the link to download).
- If you don’t have one person to verify, you will need to fill out the Webinar Group - Individual PQ Form. This is completed during the webinar and submitted after the webinar (further instructions are on the form, click the link to download).
Each registered student will get an email from CPA Crossings with a login ID, and any of those can be used for the group login.
If there are multiple locations viewing the webinar as separate groups, you will need to use separate login links (one for each location) and submit a form for each location.
The certificate I received shows tomorrow’s date. Why is that?
Our automated cutoff for testing is 8pm EDT when US Daylight Savings Time is in effect, and 9pm EST during US Standard Time. If you complete and pass your exam before that time, your certificate will be dated the same day.