The Little Book of Local Government Fraud includes a self-study e-book delivered to you immediately upon purchase for 3 hours of CPE credit.
The Little Book of Local Government Fraud is for both the professional fraud examiner and lay-man alike. Even if you know little about local government fraud, Charles Hall, CPA, CFE, MAcc, will guide you to a much better understanding of how fraud is carried out and why it happens. The government manager, the auditor, and the professional fraud examiner will find easy-to-understand prevention and detection techniques, which are complemented by a complete series of checklists.
Course objectives include:
- Identify common characteristics of fraudsters.
- Identify various types of fraud schemes.
- Recognize ways to detect and prevent fraud in local governments.
- Recognize ways to prevent fraud by identifying various types of fraud schemes.
- Recall various red flag situations for detecting and preventing fraud.
- Identify the primary methods of stealing from governments.
- Specify details of receipt and disbursement fraud tests.
- Recall the three receipt fraud tests.
- Specify common times when detection of fraud surfaces.
- Cite exemptions that may occur within local governments.
- Select the dollar amount associated with median-sized governments.
- Identify the importance of forensic audits.
- Define terms associated with deficiencies in internal controls.
- Identify ways of categorizing and communicating control weaknesses.
- Recall lower cost options for preventing fraud in smaller governments.
- Identify recommended internal controls for small governments.
CPE Credit Hours: 3
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Program level: Basic
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Auditors
Instructional method: Self-study text with online quiz. QAS SS
Author: Charles Hall, CPA, CFE, Macc
This course qualifies for Yellow Book CPE credit.
READ INSIDE THIS BOOK: https://yellowbook-cpe.com/why-would-a-government-employee-commit-fraud.html
This course is also included in the Fraud Bundle.
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.