The Little Book of Local Government Fraud includes a self-study e-book delivered to you immediately upon purchase for 3 hours of CPE credit.
The Little Book of Local Government Fraud is for both the professional fraud examiner and lay-man alike. Even if you know little about local government fraud, Charles B. Hall, CPA, CFE, MAcc, will guide you to a much better understanding of how fraud is carried out and why it happens. The government manager, the auditor, and the professional fraud examiner will find easy-to-understand prevention and detection techniques, which are complemented by a complete series of checklists.
Course objectives include:
- Identify common characteristics of fraudsters.
- Identify various types of fraud schemes.
- Recall various red flag situations for detecting and preventing fraud.
- Recognize ways to detect and prevent fraud in local governments.
- Identify the primary methods of stealing from governments.
- Recognize ways to prevent fraud by identifying various types of fraud schemes.
- Specify details of receipt and disbursement fraud tests.
- Recall the three receipt fraud tests.
- Specify common times when detection of fraud surfaces.
- Cite exemptions that may occur within local governments.
- Select the dollar amount associated with median-sized governments.
- Identify the importance of forensic audits.
- Define terms associated with deficiencies in internal controls.
- Identify ways of categorizing and communicating control weaknesses.
- Recall lower cost options for preventing fraud in smaller governments.
- Identify recommended internal controls for small governments.
CPE Credit Hours: 3
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Program level: Basic
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Auditors
Instructional method: Self-study text with online qualified assessment. QAS SS
Author: Charles B. Hall, CPA, CFE, MAcc
This course is also included in the Fraud Bundle.
This course does qualify for the 24 hour Yellow Book CPE requirement.
READ INSIDE THIS BOOK: https://yellowbook-cpe.com/why-would-a-government-employee-commit-fraud.html
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.
What People Say About This Course
“It was written in a way that kept my interest.” – CPA in Public Practice
“The information was presented well and easy to understand.” – The Little Book of Local Government Fraud Student
“Relatable, interesting concepts that were easy to follow.” – CPA in Public Practice
“Very good control recommendations.” – CPA in Public Practice