How to Write an Audit Report Finding – 9 Video Series includes 9 online videos and a self-study manual for 3.5 hours of CPE credit.
Was your latest audit finding powerful? And did your team enjoy writing it? Findings can be fun to write and read. Yes, fun!
By following a few key guidelines on content and organization, you can create an audit report masterpiece your team can be proud to stand behind.
And on top of that, a logically organized audit finding sprinkled with interesting facts and including clear, feasible recommendations can be one of an auditor’s best tools for eliciting change.
Course objectives include:
- Distinguish among the five elements of a finding
- Determine how the condition differs from the cause
- Identify relevant testing to support the condition and cause
- Identify the qualities of a compelling finding
- Identify which statements are supportable with evidence
- Identify sources of criteria
- Identify qualities of a good recommendation
- Discern when an element is missing from a finding
- Classify an audit finding as: an internal control weakness, a violation of contract or grant agreement, fraud, or abuse and waste
- Define abuse and your responsibility with regard to abuse in the government environment
CPE Credit Hours: 3.5
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Program level: Basic
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Auditors
Instructional method: Video with online qualified assessment. QAS SS
Author: Leita Hart-Fanta, CPA, CGFM, CGAP
This course is also included in the Audit Reporting Bundle, the Yellow Book Standards for Financial Auditors Bundle, and the Yellow Book Standards for Performance Auditors Bundle.
This course does qualify for the 24 hour Yellow Book CPE requirement.
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.
What People Say About This Course
“The narrator provided multiple pieces of evidence to illustrate poor findings. The multiple examples of real-life findings were very helpful as well.” – How to Write an Audit Report Finding student
“Great checklist for writing an effective finding – this is a valuable resource…” – How to Write an Audit Report Finding student
“I’ve been a state performance auditor for six years and a newspaper reporter for 21 years before that, and this is the clearest guidance on how to write a finding that I’ve found…It was fun!” – State Performance Auditor