Government Audit Training – 10 Video Series includes 10 online videos and a self-study manual including presentation slides for 11 hours of CPE credit.
This 10-video series will give you the confidence you need to take on any audit assignment.
As we cover the key steps of performing an audit – including risk assessment, objective setting, evidence gathering, audit documentation, and audit reporting – your knowledge of how your work fits into the whole audit will be fortified. You will ‘get’ why your audit supervisor keeps asking you to do certain things.
After this government audit training, you might even be able to teach that smarty-pants on your audit team a thing or two when we are done.
But this class isn’t only for new auditors – it is helpful for new auditors and experienced auditors alike. Yes, new auditors experience unfamiliar skills for the first time, but experienced auditors will also benefit as they recognize and resolve unproductive habits.
This video series is designed primarily for performance auditors, but the concepts are applicable to financial auditors as well.
Course objectives include:
- Identify applicable audit standards
- Sequence the steps of an audit
- Recognize components of the GAO’s performance audit promise
- Choose relevant audit criteria
- Identify components of a good audit objective
- Identify the difference between a performance aspect and a criteria
- Identify the elements of a finding
- Identify qualities of a strong finding
- Identify sources of information
- Identify how to scope or break the universe into pieces
- Distinguish between the steps of a process and a control
- Distinguish between types of inherent risk
- Choose an appropriate audit response based on inherent and control risk
- Distinguish between the design and implementation of a control
- Identify the components of control per the Green Book/COSO model
- Evaluate a methodology for pointedness, strength, cost, and difficulty
- Identify the standards for working paper documentation
- Identify the source, purpose, procedure, results, and conclusion in a memo
Program level: Basic
Instructional method: Video with online qualified assessment: QAS SS
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Auditors of government programs
CPE Credit Hours: 11
This course qualifies for Yellow Book CPE credit.
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.
What People Say About This Course
“The ideas of breaking the universe into pieces, how to define a good audit objective and filtering risk were very beneficial to me.” – Municipal Auditor
“This is my first time auditing government agencies and the program gave me a roadmap to help get me started.” – State Auditor
“I love the flexibility of being able to complete the course at my pace. It was helpful to be able to listen to it at various times throughout the day instead of being restricted to specific times as in on-site CPE.” – CPA in public practice
“I could listen to the video presentations and take the exam at my convenience. The exam saved responses and allowed you to return where you left off.” – County Auditor