Essential Auditing Skills and Techniques for the Government Auditor includes a self-study e-book delivered to you immediately upon purchase for 9 hours of CPE credit.
This e-book will give you the confidence you need to take on any government audit assignment.
Let Leita guide you through every step of conducting an audit including assessing risk, refining the audit objective, choosing methodologies, and documenting your work: all the essential auditing skills and techniques that will serve you no matter where or for whom you audit.
Your responsibilities for fraud, useful interviewing tips, and the elements of a finding are covered using case studies, frequent references to audit standards, and stories of audit failures and successes.
You will ‘get’ why your audit supervisor keeps asking you to do certain things. You might even be able to teach that smart-pants on your audit team a thing or two when you are reading.
This e-book covers the three types of audits typical in the government environment – a financial audit, a performance audit, and a compliance audit. Frequent references to applicable audit standards (from the IIA, GAO, or AICPA) will keep us grounded.
Course objectives include:
- Identify and arrange the steps in conducting an audit
- Detect common flaws in the conduct of an audit
- Identify common deliverables on an audit
- Assess the weakness in a given criteria
- Distinguish between the types of inherent risk
- Classify controls into the components of the COSO model of controls
- Distinguish between a control’s design and its implementation
- Distinguish among inherent risk, control risk, and detection risk
- Distinguish between a workable objective and a vague objective
- Detect weak and vague methodologies
- Identify and order the steps of conducting an interview
- Describe the standards for working paper documentation
- Evaluate whether a finding follows the simple rules of logical organization of a finding
Program level: Basic
Instructional method: Self-study text with online quiz. QAS SS
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing – Governmental
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Auditors of government programs.
Recommended CPE credit: 9 hours
This course qualifies for Yellow Book CPE credit.
READ INSIDE THIS BOOK: https://yellowbook-cpe.com/what-is-an-auditor.html
This course is also included in the Essential Skills Bundle.
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.
What People Say About This Course
“This was a refresher course for me. I did auditing for 16 years and stepped away to do accounting. I’m going back into auditing and it was great for that.” – CPA in public practice
“Metaphors/Examples and paraphrasing audit jargon really brought the material down to earth. The lessons themselves really reinforced the work I do.” – State agency auditor
“I like the way the author explain things very much. She is very knowledgeable the the most important thing is that her material makes the audit sound fun and interesting. She make very difficult subjects becoming easily to understand. Thank you very much!!!!!” – CPA in public practice
“Just finished your book…and it was hands down the BEST auditing book I have ever read. I really enjoyed your insights and humor which is very rare in our Profession.” – Ray Steine, CPA