This webinar is a replay of a video that is also available as an on-demand course. Which is better? A webinar or an on-demand course? Well it depends on what you prefer. The on-demand course can be completed at your convenience at any time and requires that you pass a Qualified Assessment (NASBA’s fancy term for an final exam) to earn your hours. This webinar does not require a Qualified Assessment but does require that you verify your attendance on a specific day at a specific time by responding to attendance checks throughout the event. Also, during a webinar, an instructor will be present to respond to your comments and answer your questions.
$200 (per person) includes an online webinar for 5.2 hours of CPE credit
The 2018 version of the Yellow Book promulgated by the GAO amps up the planning, fieldwork, and reporting requirements for performance auditors regarding internal controls. By applying the Green Book and the 17 principles of internal control to a performance audit, the GAO has kicked off a number of changes to an auditor’s testing plan, audit documentation and audit reports.
In this webinar, Leita Hart-Fanta, CPA, CGFM, CGAP, leads you through the new requirements and she describes the choices your team will need to make to comply.
- Identify the impact of implementing “must,” “should,” and “may” requirements
- Differentiate between a component and a principle
- Identify new reporting disclosures for internal control in the 2018 Yellow Book
- Distinguish between a cause and a condition statement in a finding
- Differentiate between a control test and a substantive test
- Determine whether an objective requires application of the 17 principles of internal control
- Differentiate between 3 categories of audit objectives per the Green Book
- Differentiate between the design and implementation of a control
- Define key controls
- Choose when to apply the 17 principles in an audit process
Program Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Who Should Attend: Auditors
Prerequisites: One or more years of government auditing experience
Advanced Preparation: Watch the GAO’s Green Book Video Course OR read The GAO Green Book: Standards for Internal Control OR have significant experience with the COSO model and or Green Book.
Instructional Method: Webinar (Group Internet Based)
CPE Credit Hours: 5.2
Date: July 27, 2021
Time: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Central
Breaks: 10-minute breaks every hour & a 1-hour lunch break 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. Central
Webinar Instructor: Leita Hart-Fanta, CPA, CGFM, CGAP