The GAO Green Book: Standards for Internal Control includes self-study e-book delivered to you immediately upon purchase for 7 hours of CPE credit.
The GAO Green Book sets standards for internal controls that align with the most popular control model in the United States, the COSO model. In this course, we use a simple case study to build controls from scratch. Along the way, we learn the five components of control and their seventeen underlying principles.
This course is filled with stories, analogies, and practical advice that brings the standards to life.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the purpose of the GAO’s Green Book
- Identify the standard setting bodies that are involved in the creation of the Green Book
- Identify reasons why most organizations do not achieve the ideal internal control structure described in the Green Book
- Distinguish between components of internal control
- Distinguish between management objectives
- Choose a finite subject matter on which to apply controls
- Distinguish between the magnitude and the likelihood of a risk
- Distinguish between the steps of a process and a control
- Order the steps involved in conducting a risk assessment
- Identify the responses to the identified risks
- Identify components of an internal control objective
- Identify the questions that should be addressed when reporting to internal and external users
- Identify the attributes of quality information
- Define tone at the top
- Identify the purpose of a standard of conduct
- Define the qualities of members of the oversight body
- Define responsibilities of a manager to develop competent people
- Identify controls that integrate
- Distinguish between preventative, detective and corrective controls
- Distinguish between the design and operation of controls
- Distinguish between a control and a substantive or compliance test
- Identify how the Green Book has impacted auditors responsibilities per the Yellow Book
- Identify the differences between the COSO model and the COSO ERM model
CPE Credit Hours: 7
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Program level: Basic
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Auditors
Instructional method: Self-study text with online quiz. QAS SS
Author: Leita Hart-Fanta, CPA, CGFM, CGAP
This course qualifies for Yellow Book CPE credit.
READ INSIDE THE BOOK: https://yellowbook-cpe.com/coso-and-the-green-book-are-the-same-thing.html
This course is also included in the Internal Controls Bundle, the Yellow Book Standards for Financial Auditors Bundle, and the Yellow Book Standards for Performance Auditors Bundle.
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.
What People Say About This Course
“[I like] Leita’s real world examples, making it easy to understand and she’s fun!” – City Auditor
“True stories make difficult content easy to understand.” – CPA in Public Practice