This webinar is a replay of a pre-recorded video. This webinar requires that you verify your attendance on a specific day at a specific time by responding to attendance checks throughout the event. Also, during this webinar, an instructor will be present to respond to your comments and answer your questions.
$200 (per person) includes an online webinar for 3.5 hours of CPE credit
The Uniform Guidance and Yellow Book are full of instructions for creating audit findings. But the instructions do not highlight the nuances and pitfalls of developing and supporting a convincing finding.
Solid cause and effect statements are particularly elusive. And classifying the reportable condition as a fraud, as an internal control weakness, or as material non-compliance can be tricky.
In this short session, we will master the elements of a finding, ensure that you support your finding with solid evidence, and properly classify issues so that the grantors can get the most use out of your report.
- Identify if an issue is a reportable condition
- Distinguish between a control weakness and a compliance issue and how they are interrelated
- Determine testing to support three key elements of the finding
- Distinguish between the required five elements of a finding
- Identify how to ensure that governing bodies and grantors are clearly informed of significant issues
Program Level: Basic
Field of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Who Should Attend: Auditors
Advanced Preparation: none
Instructional Method: Webinar (Group Internet Based)
CPE Credit Hours: 3.5
Date: July 29, 2021
Time: 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Central
Webinar Instructor: Leita Hart-Fanta, CPA, CGFM, CGAP