$800 includes a webinar series over 5 afternoons and 1 self-study video for 24 hours of Governmental CPE
In this hands-on webinar series you will learn how to do a top-to-bottom review of audit documentation to ensure compliance with Yellow Book performance audit standards. We will also ensure that the conclusions and findings in the audit report are supported with firm and convincing evidence.
Complying with GAGAS performance audit standards is no small feat, and this course will show you how to approach and complete a thorough audit documentation review.
Together, we will review audit documentation and audit reports to highlight strengths and weaknesses as well as create review comments that get results instead of hurt feelings and resistance.
Course objectives include:
- Sequencing your review tasks to save time
- Determining when to proceed with review and when to stop and send the documentation back to the team for correction
- Evaluating elements in the audit documentation that support the audit report
- Phrasing and timing your review comments to minimize conflict and frustration
- Distinguish between GAGAS standards that appear in the audit documentation and audit report and general standards
- Differentiate between the roles of a supervisor, a reviewer, and a monitor
- Create a master document that ties the components of an audit together and makes review more holistic and meaningful
- Design review procedures that ensure compliance with every must and should statement applicable to performance auditors in the Yellow Book
Recommended CPE credit: 21 hours + 3 bonus self-study hours for a total of 24 hours of NASBA and Yellow Book compliant CPE
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Program level: Intermediate
Prerequisutes: Auditors following GAGAS Performance Audit Standards with 1 or more years of audit experience
Who should attend: Auditors
Advance Preparation: 1 online 3-hour video on performance audit standards in the GAO’s Yellow Book
Instructional method: Webinar (Group Internet Based)
Instructors: Leita Hart-Fanta, CPA, CGFM, CGAP
Class Size Limit: 25
Date: January 23-27, 2023
Time: 12:50 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.