The Single Audit of a government program requires special knowledge of federal requirements and criteria including the Uniform Guidance and the GAO’s Yellow and Green Books.
In this customized seminar, we will cover the essentials that you need to know to perform an audit of federal grants including the Single Audit requirements and the GAO’s Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
We will also discuss the purpose and use of the GAO’s Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government and significant reporting requirements.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the three subjects of a Single Audit
- Identify the significant differences between a financial audit and a Single Audit
- Determining which GAO requirements apply to the Single Audit
- Choosing appropriate audit methodologies
- Selecting direct and material compliance items
- Designing control documentation that meets Uniform Guidance requirements
- Locating and utilizing key guiding documents and audit requirements
- Compare the requirements of the AICPA, the GAO, and the Uniform Grant Guidance
- Evaluate controls using the Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government
- Distinguish between fraud, abuse, and noncompliance
- Order the levels of materiality on the compliance portion of the audit
- Define requirements for peer review and quality control
- Apply the GAGAS independence standards to your team
- Create findings using the five elements of a finding
- Identify requirements for continuing professional education per GAGAS
- Generate concise and logical findings in an hour or less
- Choose the strongest content for your finding
Who should attend: Auditors seeking to comply with Single Audit requirements.
Program level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: More than one year of audit experience
Delivery method: Group live
Recommended CPE credit: 12+ hours
Want to know more about this topic? Read here.
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.
What People Say About This Course
“From my perspective, I thought that Leita was a terrific instructor, and I would love to have her come up to the great north again. Leita definitely demonstrated deep subject matter expertise. However, she also presented the material in a way that challenged the audience and held peoples’ interest. And Leita is super fun too, which also is an attribute that you find in instructors who are masters of their craft.”
– Director: Legislative Auditor
“I wish I would have had access to this seminar when I first started working on Yellowbook and Single audits. The book is very insightful and could have saved time and money in learning how to audit in the government world.”
– Single Audit Primer participant