Uniform Guidance Cost Principles includes a self-study e-book delivered to you immediately upon purchase for 7 hours of CPE credit.
Truth is stranger than fiction when it comes to the creative way that grantees use their grant resources. Let Sefton and Bill, auditors with over 75 combined years of federal, state, and municipal audit experience guide you through the dos and don’ts of spending federal grant dollars.
Auditors of federal programs use the Uniform Guidance cost principles as criteria to evaluate compliance with contract provisions. The cost principles apply to almost all federal grant programs and contain specific prohibitions against entertainment and some legal fees. The cost principles also advise grantees on how to document payroll expenditures.
Course objectives include:
- Differentiate between Uniform Guidance cost principles applicable to state and local governments and nonprofits
- Define key government regulators and their related acronyms
- Sequence the four layers of rules governing grants
- Judge whether an item of cost is allowable per the cross-cutting principles
- Detect which allowability principle has been violated
- Distinguish between an indirect cost and a direct cost
- Judge which professional service costs are allowable under a federal award
- Distinguish between idle capacity and idle facilities and related allowable costs
- Identify under which conditions morale costs, fines and penalties, insurance, interest, and membership costs are allowable costs
- Distinguish between allowable and unallowable pre-award costs, taxes, and travel costs
Recommended CPE Credits: 7 hours
Program Level: Basic
Advance preparation: None
Field of Study: Auditing – Governmental Some state boards may count credits under different categories – check with your state board for more information.
Who Should Attend: Grantee and pass-through organizations, federal grant personnel and auditors of federal grant programs
Instructional Method: Self-study text with online quiz
Author: Sefton Boyars, CPA, CGFM & William T. Allen, CPA (ret.)
This course qualifies for Yellow Book CPE credit.
READ INSIDE THIS BOOK: https://yellowbook-cpe.com/general-principles-basic-premises-2.html
This course is also included in the Single Audit Bundle.
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.
What People Say About This Course
“The real world examples put the information into perspective.” – CPA
“Many ‘gray’ areas were answered by your text.” – CPA
“As an auditor of non-profit and governmental entities, I felt this course gave me more insight on what questions to ask and at what point I should dig deeper.” – Uniform Guidance student
“The examples were great and the way the materials were written were very well organized and very understandable.” – Uniform Guidance student