OMB Uniform Guidance Admin Rules includes a self-study e-book delivered to you immediately upon purchase for 8 hours of CPE credit.
The administrative rules in the Uniform Guidance for federal grants cover a lot of ground. Let Sefton Boyars and Bill Allen guide you through these requirements for managing grants from the grantee, the grantor, and the auditor perspective. Sefton and Bill will provide you with hard-earned insights into the trickier, unexpected clauses that could hang you up.
This course covers the latest administrative rules published in the OMB Uniform Guidance Admin Rules in Title 2: Part 200 of the Code of Federal Regulations (also known as: Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards)
Course objectives include:
- Describe the regulations underlying the uniform administrative requirements applicable to state and local governments and nonprofits
- Identify key government regulators and their related acronyms
- Differentiate among the four layers of regulations regarding federal award administration
- Define terms used in the uniform administrative requirements
- Identify the pre-federal award requirements in 2 CFR 200
- Identify the contents of federal awards as set out in 2 CFR 200
- Describe the post federal award requirements regarding property standards
- Examine the post federal award requirements regarding procurement standards
- Identify the requirements regarding performance and financial monitoring and reporting
- Differentiate among the rules related to recipient record retention and access
- Contrast the characteristics of a subgrantee with those of a contractor for the purposes of subrecipient monitoring and management
- Identify remedies for noncompliance
- Determine when an award may be closed out and what is affected by the award closeout
CPE Credit Hours: 8
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Program level: Basic
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Auditors of Government Programs
Instructional method: Self-study text with online qualified assessment. QAS SS
Author: Sefton Boyars, CPA (ret.), CGFM (ret.) & William T. Allen, CPA (ret.)
This course is also included in the Single Audit Bundle.
This course does qualify for the 24 hour Yellow Book CPE requirement.
READ INSIDE THE BOOK: https://yellowbook-cpe.com/general-principles-basic-premises.html
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.
What People Say About This Course
“The overall concepts will benefit [me] greatly in future audits of nonprofit entities that received federal awards.” -OMB Uniform Guidance Admin Rules Student
“Very well written with terminology & easy to search the PDF to find specific topics. This is a really well-written course.” -CPA
“The summaries of the OMB guidance helped make it easier to understand.” -OMB Uniform Guidance Admin Rules Student
“Made it interesting, for a boring subject.” -CPA in Public Practice
“Good insights and points, material presented in a very useful format.” -University Auditor