IT Auditing for Non-IT Auditors – 10 Video Series includes 10 online videos and a self-study manual including presentation slides for 6 hours of CPE credit.
This comprehensive video series encourages you to power-up your government audits with IT auditing know-how.
Let Toby DeRoche, an IT audit manager and subject matter expert on information technology, internal auditing, SOX, and agile demonstrate and define the key IT terms and concepts that will enable you to ask meaningful questions and focus your audit on what matters most.
Whether you are performing a stand-alone IT audit or integrating IT objectives into your performance, financial, or compliance audit, this course will show you the way. After finishing, you will be ready to give IT auditing a whirl while maintaining your professional credibility at the same time!
Course objectives include:
- Identify the basics of IT auditing
- Contrast the audit concepts in general, application, and user controls
- Describe common IT Frameworks
- Describe how IT risks fit into the audit risk assessment
- Justify adding an IT component to every audit
- Identify common ITGCs
- Define risk and control relationship for core ITGCs
- Identify common ITACs
- Define risk and control relationship for core ITACs
- Identify common user controls
- Define risk and control relationship for core user controls
Program level: Basic
Instructional method: Video with online qualified assessment. QAS SS
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Auditors of any experience level who want to learn more about IT auditing within a government context
CPE Credit Hours: 6
Author: Toby DeRoche MBA, CIA, CCSA, CRMA, CFE, CISA, CICA, SA, cAAP
This course is also included in the Essential Skills Bundle.
This course does qualify for the 24 hour Yellow Book CPE requirement.
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.