General Cost Principles – Video Course includes an online video and a self-study manual for 2 hours of CPE credit.
Cost principles described in the Uniform Grant Guidance tell you what you can and can’t spend federal grant money on. This short video course will cover identifying whether the cost is allowable by applying the “big three” general cost principles.
Grantees, grantors, pass-through organizations, and auditors will benefit from this essential knowledge needed to properly manage and audit federal grants.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the general cost principles
- Identify the Prudent Person Rule as it applies to the general cost principles
- Identify the requirement for arms-length bargaining
- Identify whether a cost is allocable to a federal award
- Identify the “big three” general cost principles
- Determine whether a cost is allowable under the general cost principles
CPE Credit Hours: 2
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Program level: Basic
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Grantee and pass-through organizations, federal grant personnel, and auditors of federal grant programs
Instructional method: Video with online qualified assessment. QAS SS
Authors: Sefton Boyars (CPA ret., CGFM ret.) and William T. Allen (CPA ret.)
This course is also included in the Single Audit Bundle.
This course does qualify for the 24 hour Yellow Book CPE requirement.
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.