$890 includes a terrific 2-day course designed especially for auditors for 16 hours of Governmental CPE
Join Leita for a fast-paced live event at Maggiano’s at the Domain in Austin designed for new auditors. Registration is limited.
Participants experience creating key audit deliverables using a relatable case study. Leita addresses each major phase of a government audit and shares how to comply with significant audit standards. Frequent references to Yellow Book and IIA standards will keep us grounded.
Course objectives include:
- How to develop a finding or audit issue
- How to gather evidence for audit conclusions and opinions
- How to evidence what you’ve done in the audit documentation
- What the steps of the audit are and how your work fits in
- Which standards you must follow
- How to evaluate the strength of internal controls
- When to discuss progress and issues with your supervisor
- How to distinguish between over-auditing and under-auditing
Recommended CPE credit: 16 hours
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Program level: Beginning
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional method: Group Live instruction
Instructor: Leita Hart-Fanta
Class Size Limit: 40
Who should attend: Auditors with less than five years of government audit experience. This course is applicable to both internal auditors and external auditors and monitors.
Location: Maggiano’s, 10910 Domain Dr #100, Austin, TX 78759
Date: April 29-30, 2024 (Monday-Tuesday)
Registration & Full Breakfast – 8:00 a.m.
Course begins – 8:30 a.m.
Lunch (provided) – 12:20 p.m.
Day ends – 5:00 p.m.