$600 for a terrific 3-day course for 12 hours of CPE
Was your latest audit finding powerful? And did your team enjoy writing it? Findings can be fun to write and read. Yes, fun!
By following a few key guidelines on content and organization, you can create an audit report masterpiece your team can be proud to stand behind.
And on top of that, a logically organized audit finding sprinkled with interesting facts and including clear, feasible recommendations can be one of an auditor’s best tools for eliciting change.
This live webinar teaches auditors how to write an audit report finding and is centered on the five elements of a finding required by the Yellow Book and the Single Audit, and suggested by the IIA.
We will also design tests that support the condition, effect, and cause of the finding as well as create workable audit objectives and the related report conclusions.
Course objectives include:
- Generate concise and logical findings in an hour or less
- Choose the strongest content for your finding
- Choose whether to pursue the root cause
- Identify the recommendations that result from three common causes
- Create fact-based and control-based tests to support the five elements
- Create auditable and feasible audit finding recommendations
- Choose how much detail to share in the report
- Quantify findings to convey impact
- Edit findings and provide meaningful feedback
- Identify sources of criteria
- Identify qualities of a compelling effect statement
- Create tests to support the condition, effect, and cause of findings
- Develop tight audit objectives and matching audit report conclusions
We encourage you to submit a finding that you authored to review during class. If the finding you submit for review during the webinar is not reviewed during the webinar, Leita will be happy to give you feedback against a set of agreed-upon criteria via email after the webinar.
Recommended CPE credit: 12 hours
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Program level: Basic
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional method: Webinar (Group Internet Based)
Instructor: Leita Hart-Fanta, CPA, CGFM, CGAP
Class Size Limit: 35
Who should attend: Auditors
Date: July 10-12, 2023 (Monday-Wednesday)
Time: 1:00pm-5:00pm CENTRAL (8:00am-12:00pm HAWAII)