$275 (per person) includes an online webinar for 4 hours of CPE credit
The Government Accountability Office (GAO) released an updated version of the Yellow Book in 2021 and is currently working on updating the quality control standards. This course will highlight the crucial updates financial auditors need to know.
The major and minor themes as well as new terms and definitions added to the latest Yellow Book are discussed.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the basic requirements of independence as defined by the GAO
- Cite CPE requirements established by the GAO
- Identify different types of engagements
- Recall the five components of internal control
- Recall reportable conditions and related behaviors
- Identify the elements of a finding
- Identify major differences between GAO and AICPA quality control standards
Recommended CPE credit: 4 hours
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Program level: Basic
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional method: Webinar (Group Internet Based)
Instructor: Leita Hart-Fanta, CPA, CGFM, CGAP
Who should attend: Auditors of government programs
Date: Monday, January 29, 2024
Time: 12:00pm-4:00pm Central
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.