$130 (per person) includes an online webinar for 2 hours of CPE credit
Cyberattacks have become increasingly common at local school districts and municipalities where data is held for ransom. In 2022, crypto wallets were hacked and millions of dollars were lost. What do these headlines have in common? In each of these events, vendor internal controls failed.
Utilizing third parties and vendors can help government and private companies scale and take advantage of more opportunities. They also present risks that must be identified, controlled and managed. Failure of vendor controls can result in reputational damage to your organization, loss of data, financial losses, consumer harm and operational disruptions.
Join us for an in-depth workshop on third-party risk management so you can confidently perform a value-add internal audit and help your organization avoid damaging risks. Having worked in both internal audit and second line of defense roles, plus going through many regulatory examinations, Dana will share insider tips and case studies to maximize your benefit.
- Determine how to assess risk of new potential vendors
- Identify methodologies for performing due diligence of new vendors
- Identify essential details to include in a sound contract
- Identify best practices for ongoing monitoring
- Apply critical thinking to case studies
- Identify key safeguards regarding technology
- Define key elements to include in a government audit of third-party risk management
- Identify the critical and innovative techniques for reporting
Program Level: Beginning
Field of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Who Should Attend: Auditors
Advanced Preparation Required: None
Instructional Method: Webinar (Group Internet Based)
CPE Credit Hours: 2
Instructor: Dana Lawrence, CIA CRMA CFSA CAMS CRVPM CCA
Date: Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Central