This webinar is a replay of a video that is also available as an on-demand course. Which is better? A webinar or an on-demand course? Well it depends on what you prefer. The on-demand course can be completed at your convenience at any time and requires that you pass a Qualified Assessment (NASBA’s fancy term for a final exam) to earn your hours. This webinar does not require a Qualified Assessment but does require that you verify your attendance on a specific day at a specific time by responding to attendance checks throughout the event. Also, during a webinar, an instructor will be present to respond to your comments and answer your questions.
$120 (per person) includes an online webinar for 2 hours of CPE credit
The GAO Green Book sets standards for internal controls that align with the most popular control model in the United States, the COSO model. In this webinar, we use a simple case study to build controls from scratch. Along the way, we learn the five components of control and their seventeen underlying principles.
The Green Book is referenced inside the Yellow Book and in the Uniform Guidance. The new internal control requirements for performance auditors per the 2018 Yellow Book are discussed.
This webinar is filled with stories, analogies, and practical advice that brings the standards to life.
- Identify the purpose of the GAO’s Green Book
- Identify differences between components and principles of internal control
- Recognize the role of risk in an audit
- Recognize the differences between the magnitude and the likelihood of a risk
- Identify the differences between the two types of monitoring
- Identify the purpose of a standard of conduct
- Rank risks in order of severity
- Identify the responses to the identified risks
- Identify components of an internal control objective
- Identify the differences between the COSO model and the COSO ERM model
- Identify how the Green Book has impacted auditors’ responsibilities per the Yellow Book
Program Level: Basic
Field of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Who Should Attend: Auditors
Advanced Preparation: none
Instructional Method: Webinar (Group Internet Based)
CPE Credit Hours: 2
Date: April 27, 2021
Time: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Central
Webinar Instructor: Leita Hart-Fanta, CPA, CGFM, CGAP