SAS 134-141: The New Auditor’s Report – Video Course includes an online video and self study e-book for 2 hours of CPE credit.
The AICPA has issued a suite of standards updating the auditor’s report. In this course, we will review SAS 134 in detail, which provides the basis for the updated audit report and introduces the concept of KAM.
Then we will provide an overview of the impact of this suite on other information included in an annual report, ERISA reports, special purpose frameworks, and compliance audits.
This course is essential for auditors of all levels and will provide the overview you need to draft your updated audit reports.
Course objectives include:
- Identify changes to the auditor’s report
- Identify the auditor’s objectives for reporting
- Differentiate the key auditor’s report format changes from prior standards to new
- Describe the additions to the auditor’s report introduced in the new standards
- Define Key Audit Matters (KAM), and describe when the auditor is responsible for reporting on them
- Identify reporting requirements related to significant unusual transactions
- Recognize changes to the ERISA report
- Describe the new requirements for reporting on audits of financial statements of Employee Benefit Plans subject to ERISA
- Identify changes to the auditor’s responsibilities for Other information in an annual report produced by management
CPE Credit Hours: 2
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing
Program level: Basic
Prerequisites: One or more years of experience with the audit standards of the AICPA
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Accountants in public practice who audit private company financial statements
Instructional method: Video with online qualified assessment. QAS SS
Authors: Melisa Galasso, CPA, CSP, CPTD
This course does qualify for the 24 hour Yellow Book CPE requirement.
Questions? You can find our FAQ here.
What People Say About This Course
“Efficient overview of many new suite of standards.” – CPA in Public Practice
“Very clear.” – CPA in Public Practice