$130 (per person) includes an online webinar for 2 hours of CPE credit
For many government auditors, COVID caused a step-back for over two years in our daily use of critical face-to-face interpersonal and behavior ‘soft skills’. And those who joined auditing during Covid were largely denied the opportunity to interact in person to obtain needed information, probe controls and compliance effectiveness, and influence action where needed.
In this program, we’ll look at four critical soft skills used by every government auditor every day. We’ll surface the gaps between expectations and abilities, and build steps to close those gaps. Participants at all levels and agencies will build confidently on their current skills. And together we’ll explore how to recognize and destroy the inherent barriers to our behavior and communication effectiveness.
- Assess your abilities and gaps in four auditor critical auditing soft skills – Intentional Presence, Rapport & Trust, Interviewing & Listening, and Speaking & Presenting
- Recognize how to avoid a lackluster initial impression – both in-person and on-line
- Identify techniques to build effective business rapport in first-time meetings and recurring audit interactions in three minutes or less
- Identify effective interviewing and listening techniques
- Determine how to speak and present effectively so that ideas ‘stick’ and influence management action
- Identify what’s needed in both in-person and on-line virtual interactions to ensure being heard and understood
Program Level: Basic
Field of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Who Should Attend: Auditors
Advanced Preparation Required: none
Instructional Method: Webinar (Group Internet Based)
CPE Credit Hours: 2
Date: Thursday, April 6, 2023
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Central
Critical Behavior & Communication Soft Skills for Government Auditors Webinar Leader:
John J. Hall, CPA
John J. Hall, CPA, has worked as an auditor, professional speaker, consultant and author for over 45 long, long years. But he still LOVES the work.
John builds and delivers live and virtual keynote presentations, skills training seminars, webinars and in-person conference presentations for auditors, management groups, CPAs, Boards, and professional associations – over 3,000 live presentations to date. John is best known for bringing practical, proven, efficient solutions to real-world business challenges (including especially fraud risks!!!) faced by clients and program participants.
John is the founder and President of Hall Consulting, Inc. In addition to 30-plus years as a self-employed speaker, auditor and consultant, John has worked in senior leadership positions in large corporations and international public accounting and consulting firms. He’s a member of the National Speakers Association, the American Institute of CPAs, and the Institute of Internal Auditors.