$425 for a terrific 2-day course for 8 hours of CPE
Was your latest audit finding powerful? And did your team enjoy writing it? Findings can be fun to write and read. Yes, fun!
By following a few key guidelines on content and organization, you can create an audit report masterpiece your team can be proud to stand behind.
And on top of that, a logically organized audit finding sprinkled with interesting facts and including clear, feasible recommendations can be one of an auditor’s best tools for eliciting change.
Course objectives include:
- Generate concise and logical findings in an hour or less
- Choose the strongest content for your finding
- Choose whether to pursue the root cause
- Identify the recommendations that result from three common causes
- Create fact-based and control-based tests to support the five elements
- Create auditable and feasible audit finding recommendations
- Choose how much detail to share in the report
- Quantify findings to convey impact
- Edit findings and provide meaningful feedback
- Identify sources of criteria
- Identify qualities of a compelling effect statement
We encourage you to submit a finding that you authored to review during class. If the finding you submit for review during the webinar is not reviewed during the webinar, Leita will be happy to give you feedback against a set of agreed-upon criteria via email after the webinar.
Recommended CPE credit: 8 hours
NASBA Category of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Program level: Basic
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional method: Webinar (Group Internet Based)
Instructor: Leita Hart-Fanta, CPA, CGFM, CGAP
Class Size Limit: 30
Who should attend: Auditors
Date: May 24-25, 2023 (Wednesday-Thursday)
Time: 12:00pm-4:00pm CENTRAL
What People Say About This Seminar
“The incorporation of explanations, working through examples in teams, and survey questions made the training very engaging. I also appreciated how the teams were switched up each time.” – Audit Findings: An Online Workshop participant
“I enjoyed the group exercises that helped facilitate the learning process.” – Audit Findings: An Online Workshop participant
“[T]his course will make a huge impact on how I tackle organizing/writing a finding for my next audit project.” – Audit Findings: An Online Workshop participant
“I learned things that I will carry with me for the rest of my career and will be applied to all my future reports.” – Audit Findings: An Online Workshop participant
“Leita was awesome! I enjoyed her facilitation of the class and practical examples of her work used in the class.” – Audit Findings: An Online Workshop participant