$90 includes self-study manual and online quiz for 8 hours of CPE credit.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THIS COURSE
"As an auditor of non-profit and governmental entities, I felt this course gave me more insight on what questions to ask and at what point I should dig deeper."
"The examples were great and the way the materials were written were very well organized and very understandable."
Let Sefton and Bill, auditors with over 70 combined years of federal, state, and municipal audit experience guide you through the dos and don’ts of spending federal grant dollars. Truth is stranger than fiction when it comes to the creative way that grantees use their resources. Auditors of federal programs use the cost principles as criteria to evaluate compliance with contract provisions. The cost principles apply to almost all federal grant programs and contain specific prohibitions against entertainment and some legal fees. The cost principles also advise grantees on how to document payroll expenditures.
After finishing the course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between principles applicable to state and local governments and not-for-profits
- Sequence the four layers of regulations regarding program cost
- Discuss the general rules for allowability of costs
- Judge whether an item of cost is allowable per the cross cutting principles
- Detect which allowability principle has been violated
- Distinguish between an indirect cost and a direct cost
- Review charges regarding compensation for allowability
- Judge which legal costs are allowable for charge to federal programs
- Determine how to treat services donated in support of a federal award
- Distinguish between lobbying costs and normal operating costs of a program
- Assess which costs are allowable regarding facilities and equipment
- Distinguish between idle capacity and idle facilities
- Detect travel and entertainment costs that are not allowable
- Determine if pre-award costs are allowable
Program Level: Basic
Who Should Attend: Grantee and pass-through organizations, federal grant personnel and auditors of federal grant programs
Recommended CPE Credits: 8 hours
This course qualifies for Yellow Book CPE credit.
READ INSIDE THIS BOOK: http://yellowbook-cpe.com/cost-principles.html
NEW! Now you can buy for multiple students!
Our testing system will send each student entered below their own unique login credentials directly and individually. Each student will be able to log into our test system and take their exams when they’re ready.